Visiting the Nursing Home

Hi Kitties,

Yesterday I visited my Nursing Home. Here you can see me in my kitty carseat on the way to my job. It was a lot of fun to see my good friends, and I even met new friends. For the first part I let everyone pet me and then I walked around and finally I just lay down on the floor and relaxed. Everyone liked looking at me. I was a very good kitty and did a lot of high fives. For next time my mom is going to bring my podium and I will do some twirls, sit-ups, and double high fives, I only do those on my podium.
Also, after my AAT visit (Animal Assisted Therapy) some of the residents go to do yoga. This morning my mommie found out that it is with the same yoga instructor who teaches her class at the gym! He said we should join him for yoga sometime. I am not sure if I would be good at yoga, I do not think I would like to do some of the moves, like "downward-facing dog" or "bird of paradise". But for humans it is great for relaxation and flexibility. (PS, my mommie does the "bird of paradise" very well but I do not think she is a bird!).
My next Nursing Home visit is Thursday, I can't wait!
Love,
Figaro

6 comments:

  1. Daisy said...

    Hey, my Mommie does yoga, too! She says she feels very relaxed afterwards.  

  2. Angel, Kirby and Max said...

    We are glad you had a good visit!  

  3. Mouchois said...

    OH! I just recently posted about AAT cats and dogs. I'm so happy to see another therapy kitty out there, as Melvin is currently in training. Hopefully his bitey will stop and he'll be visiting the nursing homes in no time.
    I'm so so excited to have found you!  

  4. The Island Cats said...

    Fig, we are always so impressed with you and what you do...those people at the nursing home must just love you!  

  5. Cheyenne -Millie said...

    That is special to be able to spend time visiting the Nursing Home! My mom long time ago used to work in a Nursing Home! She says your work is very important!  

  6. Charlemagne and Tamar said...

    It sounds like you had a lovely visit. We'd really like to see pictures of your twirls, sit-ups and double high-fives - such a talented kitty you are!

    We work with our momma on her yoga - correcting her when she needs it. Humans don't usually do yoga as well as us kitties.

    Tamar and Charlemagne  


 

Blogger Template by Adam Every | Use it. But don't abuse it. (Modification by Veronica, 2008)